She Declined A Marriage Proposal To Avoid Losing Her Dog
If you were told to choose between your boyfriend or your dog, who would you choose? You might think this is a ridiculous story. After all, who would ask you to make this type of decision? Well, it happened to a girl in India and things got so serious she declined her boyfriend’s marriage proposal. If she had said yes, she could have lost her dog.
As mentioned above, this took place in India. Karishma’s dog had never been a problem until her boyfriend asked her to marry him. Would you like to hear the story?
Karishma and Lucy are inseparable. Why should she abandon her dog?
Arranged marriages are very common in India. This is what happened to Karishma, who was going to marry a man she didn’t know. Lucy was, well, is Karishma’s dog. They have always been together. The are life long companions and inseparable friends.
You can guess Karishma, like many women, was not too excited about having an arranged married. However, it’s part of her culture and she had to obey her family’s wishes. Suddenly, everything turned around when her soon to be husband told her having dog around would be a problem. Therefore, she would have to leave her furry friend behind.
Karishma didn’t hesitate at all and told him if she had to leave her dog, then the wedding would be off.
Of course, her boyfriend did not agree with her, and he told her to think about it carefully. Take a look at a piece of their conversation:
- HIM: Hey. I was expecting some response and even my parents were asking. What should I say?
- HER: Hey, I thought we spoke about this. Dog is going to be an issue…So!
- HIM: Hmm… can we think about a solution for this? I don’t want a dog to come in between my love life and not share the same bed… That’s for sure… And my mom doesn’t like dogs in general.
- HER: So, that’s why I’m saying it won’t work out.
- HIM: Are you serios? My god.
- HER: Yep, cuz it’s going to be an issue afterwards.
- HIM: Are you sure about your decision? It may be a temporary phase in life when you like dogs. We are talking of your life here.
- HER: Yes, I’m sure. Having a dog is definitely not a temporary phase. I can’t abandon my dog for Anyone.
- HIM: I’m sorry to say this. But please marry the dog in that case.
- HER: See you don’t have to be arrogant just coz it didn’t work out between us.
Karishma was always clear about her dog
Karishma says her mother still thinks the guy in a perfect candidate and she was making a bad decision. This decision caused a lot of problems in the family. However, Karishma was not willing to bend over backwards and give in. What an excellent decision! What kind of person who is in love with you would ever ask you to abandon our childhood pet?
Well, it seems the conversation did not end there. The guy continued writing to Karishma telling her things like “family is the priority”, and “how can a dog be the center of your life?”, and “your career is not important?”.
This guy does not understand anything about loyalty and love. All the years of love Lucy gave Karishma. He doesn’t understand this is a living being who been a family member ever since she was adopted.
Karishma was not even willing to think about it. She was not going to abandon her dog for anyone. What a great example to follow! It would be good for us to imitate her determination and continue caring for our pets no matter what happens. That way we can put in some of our efforts against abandonment.