5 Reasons Living with a Dog is Good for You
As indisputable icons of loyalty and bearers of the title “man’s best friend,” dogs have been keeping us company for thousands of years. Although we might not always treat them like we should, they stick with us though thick or thin. Today we’ll tell you some reasons that having a dog is good for you.
Bring a pet into your life
Having a pet is a responsibility. Here at My Animals, we say it a lot because it’s so important. But in this article, we want to dive into a few of the many reasons having a dog is good for you.
People who live with pets and take good care of them already know what a wonderful thing it is to share your life with them.
But for those of you who have only recently become a dog owner, or maybe you’re still deciding whether to adopt one, we can’t overstate the goodness of welcoming a dog into your life. If you decide to share your life with a pet, it’ll surely change your life for the better.
Why having a dog is good for you
Below, we’ve made a list of some of the many benefits of living with dogs. What else would you add?
1- Your physical and mental health will improve
Multiple studies have shown that spending your days with a dog keeps both your mind and body in better shape. For example:
- You’ll get sick less often, since living with a dog puts you in contact with a healthy level of bacteria and germs that will strengthen your immune system.
- If you grew up with a dog ever since you were a baby, it’s likely that you have a lower risk of developing allergies.
- Petting your dog lowers your pulse and blood pressure. Your heart will appreciate it.
- It’ll keep you fit. At the very least, you’re guaranteed to take a daily walk. And if you exercise with them, even better.
- They’ll reduce your stress levels. There are few things better for tension and anxiety than playing with your dog. Try it after you’ve had a terrible day!
- You’ll be less lonely and you’ll keep depression at bay. If you live alone or you’ve lost a loved one, no matter how old you are, there’s nothing better than a four-legged friend.
2- You’ll be more responsible
Children who grow up with pets understand the importance taking care of an respecting animals. When they grow up, they’ll be more sensitive and responsible adults.
If you’re an adult who’s never lived with a dog before, it’s never too late to learn about responsibilities with a dog. Plus, older people will be kept more active if they have an animal to feed and take out every day.
3- You’ll have a more active social life
A daily walk with your dog will give you the opportunity to meet all kinds of new people. Dogs are always a great conversation starter. So if you want to increase your circle of friends or just have a pleasant chat, going for a walk with your dog is an excellent option. Who know, maybe you’ll even find your soulmate!
4- You’ll feel protected
An animal who loves you will always protect you and warn you of danger. But it goes far beyond just guard dog duties. Some dogs are trained to even detect hypoglycemia, cancer, and seizures.
5- You’ll be happier
But the most important thing of all is living with dogs is so good for your mood. It makes you happier! If you’re a pet owner, you already know what we’re talking about. If you still haven’t joined the club, come join us and just watch your life get happier. You’ll be smiling and laughing in no time.