10 Tips to Make Your Dog's Fur Beautiful
Fur is one of the most prominent physical features of a dog. So, it"s not surprising that so many pet owners worry about making their little friends look beautiful. Are you one of them? Then you"re in luck because we"re going to give you some tips on making your dog"s fur look wonderful.
No one likes to see their pet fur shedding, although it"s very common. According to recent surveys, that"s one of the main reasons why people take their dog to the vet. That"s because shedding at abnormal times or too excessively could be a sign of a health problem.
Tips on keeping your dog"s fur healthy
To prevent abnormal hair loss that can turn into other problems, follow these tips:
- Eliminate parasites. Don"t wait until you see your dog scratching or suffering from some anomaly because of a parasite. Make it a habit to deworm your dog often so that this won"t happen. Talk to your veterinarian to find out how often and what type of dewormer you should give your pet.
- Professional grooming. Although it"s great that you want to bathe your pet yourself at home, either to enjoy spending some time with them or to save money, open your wallet from time to time and let your dog enjoy a professional bath. Professionals groomers know techniques that will curb your pet"s hair loss. When you do it at home, use rubber gloves.
- Food. Your dog"s food should always be good quality. A good diet isn"t based on quantity but on quality. Buy food with the necessary nutrients and vitamins that will make your dog"s fur healthy and beautiful.
- Bathe your dog twice a month at most. Don"t bathe your pet more than twice a month, and if possible, just once. Dogs aren"t like us. If you bathe your dog more often than recommended, you can damage their fur and skin, because irritations or fungus can cause infection.
- Brushing. This should be done every day with a special brush for your dog"s fur since it will help ventilate their skin, eliminate dead hair, remove accumulated dirt in the fur, and make it shiny.
- Trimming. You should especially trim the fur of dogs with long hair. Veterinarians recommend that you cut your pet"s fur at least twice a year because it will keep their skin healthy and make them look beautiful.
- Vitamins and minerals. Just like our hair, our dog"s fur needs essential vitamins and minerals. You don"t need to give them pills. Just talk to your veterinarian and ask him/her to help you choose a diet rich in minerals that favors healthy, shiny hair.
- Keep their bed clean. Wash it often to keep parasites and mites away. Be careful not to use blankets or cloths with synthetic components, because those can cause pet allergies in some cases.
- Don"t let them walk without a leash. Always keep them on a leash, because if they walk alone, they can get into puddles or swamps where there are bacteria and other tiny creatures that can cause skin infections and damage their fur.