How to Make Popsicles for Dogs
Can Dogs Eat Popsicles?
Tutti-Frutti Popsicles for Dogs
- Half a banana cut into medium slices
- Half an apple cut into slices, without seeds.
- Two medium strawberries
- ½ cup of rice milk (dairy-free)
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Start by mashing the banana slices, apple slices and strawberries. Then, add the rice milk to the fruit.
- Next, add a pinch of cinnamon and mix gently.
- Then, pour the mixture into the popsicle mold. Immediately cover the mold with paper or plastic wrap to avoid contamination.
- If you would like, you can also use popsicle sticks. Poke a small hole in the plastic wrap cover above each popsicle mold, and put one popsicle stick in each hole. This way, you can feed the popsicles to your dog without getting your hands all messy.
- Finally, put the mold in the freezer, wait for them to harden and them serve.
Quick and Easy-to-Make Apple Popsicles
This popsicle recipe is perfect for when you are running short of time, but still want to make your dog a tasty summer treat. They only contain two ingredients, and are made in ice cube trays.
Since these popsicles are made up entirely of apples and water, they are dairy-free and good for dogs that are lactose intolerant.
- 1 medium apple cut into slices, without seeds.
- ½ cup of room temperature water
- To make these popsicles for dogs, crush up the apple slices (without seeds) in the water.
- Then, pour the mixture into the ice cube tray and place in the freezer.
- Once the mixture has hardened, feed your dog two or three cubes. Adjust the serving size to your dog"s age and weight.
Savory Chicken, Potato and Carrot Popsicles for Dogs
These savory popsicles for dogs are delicious and contain a good amount of protein, minerals, and vitamins. They take a little bit longer to make than the previous recipes, but your pet is bound to love them. This recipe is also dairy-free, but it should not be fed to dogs that are allergic to chicken.
- 1 chicken breast or 1 chicken thigh
- 1 carrot
- 1 medium potato
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil (optional)
- Water (however much you need)
- First, place the chicken, carrot and potato in a pan with enough water to cover the vegetable, and boil them. Once the ingredients are well-cooked, take them off the heat and allow them to cool down.
- Second, mash up the ingredients, using a little bit of the broth from the vegetables and meat. Do this until you get a creamy consistency. If you would like to add olive oil, go ahead and mix it in.
- Last, pour the mixture into a popsicle mold or an ice tray, and place it in the freezer.
- Once the popsicles are ready to eat, serve them to your furry friends and enjoy the show!