Recipes for Homemade Cakes for Dogs
Homemade Cakes for Dogs: Indulge Your Pet!
These cakes do not contain any sugar, but instead have natural foods that will give them that sweet touch that your pet so enjoys. They are 100% safe and natural; your pet will love them, and you can be at ease because you will know exactly what they are eating.
Apple and Carrot Cake
Although there are many foods (including some fruits) that pets can not eat, there are others that are very beneficial for them. For example, apples are extremely good for their health.
And who can say no to apple pie? It is perfect for them, so go ahead and make one yourself, because all you need is the following ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 2 apples
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of oat flakes
- 2 natural yogurts without sugar
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- cinnamon and vanilla
— First, peel and grate the carrots and one of the apples (the other apple will be for decorating). Then go ahead and blend them together.
— Mix the blended carrots and apples with the egg and the yogurt. If you would like, you can put a little cinnamon or vanilla (or both) into the mixture. Once you have a homogeneous blend, add flour, the oatmeal flakes and a little bit of yeast to make it spongier.
— Put the mixture in an oven-safe dish and and bake it at 200°F (93.3°C) for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on the cake while it’s baking: when it turns golden brown and the knife comes out clean, it’s time for your dog to feast.
If you want to give it to your dog as a gift or a birthday cake, you can give it that special touch by decorating it with thinly sliced pieces of apple.
Zucchini is a very beneficial food for our pets, because it contains vitamins that are great for both their fur and their skin, and also assist in the proper functioning of their digestive systems. Additionally, it gives this recipe the exact touch of sweetness that it needs:
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of whole-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cans of tuna
- 1 zucchini
– First of all, chop the zucchini into very small pieces, and mix the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl.
– Then, mix the egg, the oil and the flour in with the zucchini and the tuna.
– Lastly, add a bit of yeast and let the mixture stand for a couple of minutes. Bake the cake for 20 minutes at about 200°C (392 ℉) Be sure that it is golden before you take it out of the oven..
We have no doubt in our minds that this cake will please your wonderful furry friend. There was no way we could write an article about homemade cakes for dogs, and not include one with meat!
To make this homemade cake for dogs, you will need:
- 1 cup of brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 1 personal-sized (small) carton of sugarless, natural yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 300 grams of chopped chicken
- 100 grams of bacon
- a splash of olive oil
- cream cheese
– First, mix the flour, oats and eggs. Then, add the remaining ingredients and knead them with your hands, which you will have thoroughly washed beforehand. If you want, use a pair of gloves. Pour the splash of olive oil at the end.
– Once that is done, preheat the oven to 180°C (356℉) degrees and pour the mixture into the baking dish. Let it stand a couple of minutes first, so that the yeast has a chance to do its job.
– Finally, place it in the oven and bake it for 25 minutes. If you would like, you can decorate it with cream cheese. Your dog will be licking its chops by the time the cake is done!
These are just some of the homemade cakes for dogs with which you can spoil your furry friend. And most importantly, you will know exactly what your dog is eating at all times, which will provide you with great peace of mind. Just be sure to remember that salt and sugar are not allowed in a raw diet for dogs.