11 Reasons Why You Should Never Get A Pit Bull
Some people shudder when they hear the word “pit bull.” Unfortunately, these dogs have earned a bad reputation. However, those of us who love animals know that their bad reputation is unfounded. Today, we’re going to talk about 11 reasons pit bull haters say you should never get a pit bull.
When someone wants to give an excuse for their decision or feeling, they can find a million ways to justify it. Here are 11 things people say about pit bulls…
Why you should never own a pit bull
- Their smile is scary. Really? Have you ever seen anything more adorable than a pit bull’s smile? As humans, we typically judge by appearances. Prejudices can take over and we easily forget to enjoy the most beautiful parts of life. And there is nothing more beautiful than a pit bull’s smile. What do you think?
- They are very aggressive. This bad reputation was not created by the dogs themselves but by humans. Pit bulls have been used in fights and trained heavily as attack dogs for years. The supposed purpose is to use them to protect homes, businesses, and the like. As a result, a pit bull’s reaction can sometimes be aggressive. However, a dog brought up in a home full of love is nothing like how people imagine. A pit bull can be just as loving — even more loving — than any other dog.
- You can’t trust them around your children. Nothing could be further from the truth. These animals are very protective of children, just like any other dog. They’re loving and playful; your children will love them. Don’t deprive your little ones of delight of having such a fun-loving, loyal companion as a pit bull.
- They aren’t loving. It’s crazy that people say this! Pit bulls are so loving and sweet. Few animals are as tender as as these beautiful dogs.
- They take everything seriously. Their imposing presence may give this impression, but just throw a stick or a ball and you’ll see how “serious” are as they run, jump, and play. So maybe this myth has some truth to it: they are indeed very serious… about having fun!
- They’re cold dogs. Is there anything more adorable than a baby pit bull sleeping? Try getting one and just watch them cuddle with you for hours at a time.
- They are the worst huggers. As you will see in the video, this is another myth far from reality. The great size and the strength of pit bulls will make their hugs one of the best things you have ever felt in your life.
- They are unfriendly. Have you ever asked the owner of a pit bull to let you touch him? If you haven’t done so out of fear or because you’ve let yourself be carried away by prejudice, it’s time for a change! Ask the owner if you can get closer and watch how their eyes close when you pet them. Isn’t it wonderful?
- You can’t take them anywhere with you. Well, it depends on the people around you, but if you don’t mind it, then take your pit bull wherever you like! There will always be people who have a phobia and may not want to get too close to you. On the other hand, other people will want to come up and pet him. If your dog behaves well, why not take him wherever you want to?
- They’re always in a bad mood. It’s true that they’re taught to be vigilant and alert. But, that doesn’t mean that they’re in a bad mood. You can play with them and hug them as much as you like.
- They’re terrifying. What a terrible thing to say about these beautiful dogs! They have a very special beauty, but of course “to each their own.”
Fall in love with a pit bull
So, why should you choose a pit bull as a pet? Take a look at this video full of fun-loving pit bulls and then try to say they’re too terrifying to own!