How to Choose Gifts for Pets
How to choose gifts for pets
Before you choose a gift for a pet, you have to keep a few “common sense” tips in mind:
- Is the gift safe? Will it harm him?
- Does he need this gift, or is there something else that he needs more?
- Will he like it?
Five gift ideas for pets: basic needs
- Better quality food
- Bones or deer antlers to gnaw on (dogs)
- A bigger cage (rodents and birds)
- A better filter (fish)
- A higher scratching post with places to hide (cats)
Five gift ideas for pets: objects for pets
- A longer leash or new harness (dogs)
- A hammock for the window (cats)
- A new, more comfortable bed
- Cereal bars to gnaw on (rodents)
- A cave (birds)
Five gift ideas for pets: objects for owners
- A new brush
- A book about positive reinforcement
- Puzzles, feathers, or other games
- A book about clicker training
- Enrollment to a training session about stress-free walking and playing.
Five gift ideas for pets: non-material
- Basic obedience training classes
- Veterinarian vouchers
- A visit to a new, bigger dog park
- A spa session in a low-stress environment
- Buying produce from a better supermarket (rabbits and guinea pigs)
Sine you are one of the few people who knows that there is no harm done when you take care of your pet and show him affection. Because in actuality, it improves the relationship you have with your pet.
So, go ahead and follow these basic safety guidelines, don’t get carried away by the flashy-colored toys in pet shops, and think about what your pet would truly enjoy.