Salad Recipes For Dogs: homemade healthy treats
Here are six different kinds of salad: from rice and vegetables, sardines, and fruits to fish and asparagus.
Nowadays, the myth that homemade food is bad for pets doesn’t exist. The kitchen isn’t just for human food anymore. It’s also for our pets! During the summer heat, what better option is there than a delicious salad. In this article, you can learn how to make salad recipes for dogs.
There are many options when cooking for your dog, from simple to more elaborate recipes, these dishes can help give your dog a balanced, healthy diet.
Cooking for your dog has several advantages, especially when it comes to improving their quality of life. It’s always recommended to talk to a veterinarian about what foods each pet can digest because some animals have more sensitive stomachs. Below, you can take a look at the best salad recipes for dogs.
Seafood salad recipe for dogs
- Frozen fish
- Crab sticks
- First, cook the pasta, carrots, and spinach until tender.
- Then, add the frozen fish.
- Next, mix everything, drain well, and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Once at room temperature, also add the crab sticks and the apple (cut into cubes).
- Then, mix well.
- Finally, if you would like, you can add a touch of carrot zest to the salad.
- Now your dog is ready to enjoy a fresh and delicious salad!
Rice salad with assorted vegetables
- Preferred protein: chicken, beef, tuna (500 grams)
- 2 cups of brown rice
- 1 cup of broccoli
- 1 cup of spinach
- 5 cups of water or broth with no spices
- 3 potatoes
- First, wash all vegetables: broccoli, carrots, spinach, and potatoes.
- Then, peel carrots and potatoes.
- Clean the spinach.
- Next, chop the broccoli, carrots, and diced potatoes. Do the same with the protein, whether beef, chicken, or tuna.
- Then, add all the vegetables to a pan. Also, add the protein, rice, and broth.
- Cook over medium heat for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked, let it cool down.
- Finally, mix again and serve at room temperature.
Sardine salad with sauteed vegetables
- 5 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 3 cleaned sardines (skinned and deboned)
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 6 cups of water
- First, clean the sardines thorouhgly, so that there are no bones or skin.
- Next, cut up the celery.
- Cut the rest of vegetables into small pieces.
- Then, place a pot with water over medium heat.
- Add all the ingredients and cook for 45 minutes.
- Finally, once cooked, let it cool down, then serve.
- 2 cups of papaya
- 2 cups of watermelon
- 4 bananas
- 1 apple
- 1 melon
- One liter of watermelon juice (optional)
- First, clean the fruits and remove all the seeds.
- Once clean, cut all the fruit into cubes.
- Then, if you would like, you can add a liter of watermelon juice to make this salad recipe for dogs even tasteier.
- Finally, serve and watch your dog enjoy!
Salad recipes for dogs: Fish and asparagus
- Green or white asparagus
- Cleaned fish (deboned)
- Eggs (to taste)
- First, check to see if the fish is completely deboned. If there are any bones, remove them.
- Then, cook the fish and drain.
- Sauté the zucchini, mushrooms, and fish in oil.
- Next, beat the eggs and make scrambled eggs with all the cooked ingredients.
- Finally, add the asparagus and carrot zest to the mixture.
- Then, let it cool down before serving.
Salad recipes for dogs: Tuna and vegetable salad
- One skinnless piece of tuna or 1 can of tuna
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 carrots
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- First, if you choose a piece of tuna, make sure it was skinned prior to cooking. If not, you can always use canned tuna.
- Then, cut the celery, carrots, and potatoes into small pieces.
- Next, cook the vegetables and let them cool down. Your pets don’t need things ‘al dente.’ It is best to cook the vegetables until they are soft.
- Once cold, mix the vegetables with the tuna and add the teaspoon of olive oil.
- Finally, serve this delicious meal to your dog.