3 Ice Cream Recipes For Dogs
During the summer or in warm regions, ice cream for dogs is really appetizing treat. Especially becauseit's important to make sure dogs are hydrated during the summer.
Enjoying a tasty ice cream on a hot sunny day is a treat that almost everyone likes. However, humans aren’t the only ones who can eat it. Pets can also enjoy them! Continue reading to learn how to prepare these 3 easy ice cream recipes for dogs.
Since they’re made with fruit and protein, this concoction is a nice treat for your canine friend’s usual diet, especially during the summer, when you have to make sure they’re well-hydrated.
Although it’s a great option, ice cream should not replace be the main course to your dog’s diet. Their diet should contain all the essential nutrients their bodies need.
Easy ice cream recipes for dogs
To make these ice cream recipes for dogs with the best consistency, people usually use milk (normally cow’s milk) and eggs. Due to these products being among the foods that dogs can be allergic to, you should use natural, sugar-free yogurt that’s low in lactose that doesn’t contain eggs.
On the other hand, if your dog isn’t allergic to lactose, you might use milk kefir to make the ice cream. This natural probiotic strengthens the immune system and prevents many diseases. Therefore, adding it as a dietary supplement to your dog’s diet is highly beneficial for their health.
Banana ice cream for dogs (lactose-free)
This recipe is ideal for all dogs, especially because it’s lactose-free. Thanks to the banana’s texture, you can make a natural creamy ice cream, without adding any dairy products.
Due to a banana being rich in fiber, it’s great for preventing constipation and improving your dog’s bowel movements. It also provides vitamins and minerals, which are essential for keeping your canine companion healthy. However, it’s important that you don’t give your dog too much, because it’s high in glucose.
Also, you can add coconut oil and cinnamon to this recipe. Both ingredients are excellent supplements to strengthen your dog’s immune system and give the ice cream flavor.
- Two slightly ripe bananas
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- First, peel and cut the bananas into medium-thick slices. Then put them on a plate, cover them with plastic wrap, and put them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- After half an hour, take the bananas out of the freezer and blend them with the coconut oil. Within a few seconds, you’ll see a creamy paste form, very similar to that of homemade ice cream.
- Finally, add the cinnamon. Then mix it up, and you’ll have delicious homemade ice cream for your dog.
Watermelon and Yogurt Ice Cream (low lactose)
Watermelon is another healthy fruit for dogs because it has a high content of water, vitamins, and fiber. It’s ideal in the summer for replenishing lost fluids and preventing symptoms of dehydration. Remember to give it to your dog in moderation, because it’s high in sugar.
- 1 cup of watermelon, cut into medium-sized chunks
- 1/2 cup of sugar-free, low lactose yogurt
- To begin, mash the watermelon chunks with the yogurt until you get a smooth creamy mixture.
- Next, put the mixture into a container of your choice, cover them with parchment paper, and put them into the freezer.
- When the ice cream is ready, take it out of the freezer and serve it to your dog.
- You can also make a hole in the center of the ice cream and stick a dog biscuit in it. That way, you can help your dog eat his ice cream without making a mess.
Peaches, yogurt, and cookie ice cream for dogs
This is one of the most nutritious and tasty ice cream recipes for dogs because it has a delicious combination of flavors. Of course, you must use dog treats, not cookies made for humans.
You must remove the peach pit before adding it to the mixture. You can also use rice milk to give the mixture a creamy texture.
- 2 pitless peaches, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup rice milk
- 3 dog biscuits (crushed or chopped)
- First, blend the pitless peaches and the rice milk until you get a smooth creamy mixture.
- Then, add the chopped or crushed biscuits. Mix everything together and put it into the freezer.
- When the ice cream is ready, take it out of the freezer and serve it to your canine friend.
Before you make any changes to your dog’s diet and offer them any new foods, it’s best to first ask a trusted veterinarian.