4 Smoothie Recipes for Dogs
A smoothie is basically a shake that’s made from natural fruits and vegetables or their frozen pulp. However, can you make smoothies for dogs? The answer is yes, as long as you are careful by using healthy ingredients.
Just like us, your dog can benefit from these smoothies when it comes to his health or controlling his appetite. Due to these smoothies being healthy and refreshing, they are an excellent option to supplement his diet and keep him hydrated during the summer.
In regard to your pet’s nutrition, these smoothies are good for them because they provide plenty of vitamins, fibers, and minerals to the body.
Below, you can learn how to make smoothies for dogs. These recipes will help you keep your pet hydrated and happy throughout the summer.
4 nutritious recipes for smoothies for dogs
Banana, carrot and turmeric smoothie
This shake combines the fiber, vitamins, and minerals from bananas and carrots combined with the beneficial properties of turmeric. In addition to helping strengthen your dog’s immune system, it’s a very healthy drink for your dog’s digestion and bowel movements.
It’s necessary to give this drink to your dog in moderation. Excessive consumption of the banana’s insoluble fibers can cause gas and diarrhea. Likewise, keep in mind that fruits are rich in sugars. Therefore, the daily portions you give to your dog should be small.
- ½ of a banana
- Half of a grated carrot
- ½ glass of cold water
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- Start by cutting the banana into slices and grate the carrot.
- Next, blend all the ingredients together, and you will have a tasty smoothie ready for your dog.
Spinach, celery and apple smoothie
Spinach is rich in fiber and vitamins A, C, E, B and F, and the celery provides natural antioxidants. In turn, the apple provides vitamin C and calcium, along with its digestive and astringent properties. Therefore, this is one of the most nutritious smoothies for dogs.
- 2 stalks of celery
- 8 spinach leaves
- 1 apple
- ½ glass of cold water
- Before beginning to prepare the smoothie, thoroughly wash all the ingredients with clean water.
- Then, cut the celery into pieces and the apple into segments.
- Finally, process all of the ingredients and strain the smoothie before serving it to your dog.
Water kefir, strawberry and blueberry smoothie
Blueberries and strawberries are excellent natural antioxidants, which also offer a high supply of vitamin C and fiber. They are recommended as natural supplements to prevent several degenerative, coronary and infectious diseases.
To enhance the properties of these fruits, try making this smoothie with water kefir. This powerful natural probiotic improves digestion, strengthens the immune system and realigns your intestinal flora.
- ½ cup of fresh blueberries
- 2 strawberries
- ½ a glass of water kefir
- This smoothie is easy to make. Start by washing the fruits and then process all the ingredients.
- Afterward, strain the preparation before serving the smoothie to your dog.
Pear, cinnamon and natural yogurt smoothie
Pears are one of the most hydrating and low-calorie fruits. They have a significant supply of fiber and potassium that helps prevent cardiovascular diseases and improve intestinal movement.
Lactose-reduced yogurt is a good source of protein while cinnamon has important anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- 1 pear
- Half a cup of natural sugar-free or low lactose yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- First, wash the pear and cut it into medium-sized pieces.
- Next, process all of the ingredients, and you will have an exquisite smoothie for dogs.
Some forbidden fruits
Although the limit for making smoothies for dogs is all up to his owner’s creativity, some fruits are not recommended. Examples of fruits and vegetables that are prohibited for dogs are avocados, grapes, nuts, and raw green potatoes.
Do not forget that chocolate is one of the foods that can cause damage to your friend’s stomach. Although your dog enjoys licking chocolate ice cream, it is one of the worst foods for your dog’s health.