Dog-Friendly Movie Theaters
Without a doubt, going to the movies is a favorite cultural and entertainment activity for all generations. Couples, parents and children, friends, grandparents with their grandchildren… There’s no age limit to enjoying a good movie. So what can you do with your pets when you go to see a movie? Well today, with the launch of dog-friendly movie theaters, you can also enjoy this time with your faithful companions.
What are the first movie theaters for dogs like?
Mexico was the first country to have movie theaters for dogs. Up until now, these involve special screenings at a specific date and time. The news of their launch was covered widely on social networks and in the media.
In movie theaters for dogs, everything is designed to create a safe and fun space for your pet. First of all, only 50% of the seats are reserved for humans in order for both dogs and their owners to feel comfortable. In addition, the air conditioning is kept at a pleasant temperature and the lights are never completely switched off.
Another interesting promotional idea at pet-friendly movie theaters is a 2×1 offer on tickets. This means owners only pay the value of a regular single ticket to enjoy the movie with their best friend.
For now, only small or medium-sized dogs weighing up to 45 pounds are allowed, with the exception of guide dogs. Obviously our four-legged friends are only allowed enter theaters intended for pet-friendly screenings.
Requirements for access to dog-friendly movie theaters
In order to ensure the safety and well-being of dogs and their owners, pet-friendly screenings have some basic rules. Here’s what you’ll need to do to enjoy a movie with your dog:
- Up-to-date vaccination and deworming records: all dogs must be up to date with their vaccinations and anti-parasite treatments in order to access the movie theaters. Of course, these are also the fundamental pillars of preventive medicine for pets, so there shouldn’t be a problem here.
- A collar and leash in good condition: canine viewers need to have their collar or breastplate and leash on. And these must be in good condition when entering the screenings.
- Adult supervision: dogs can only enter pet-friendly movie theaters when accompanied by an adult over 18 years of age. The owner is responsible for controlling their pet’s behavior and ensuring their welfare during the screening.
- Hygiene and sanitation: in addition to taking care of their dog’s basic hygiene, each owner must respect the basic rules of public health. There’s no hygiene manual in the theaters, but common sense is enough to know how you should take care of the facilities and protect the health of your fellow moviegoers.
- Civil liability for damages to third parties: owners are solely responsible for possible physical or material damages caused by their dogs. In other words, the theater isn’t liable for injuries or economic damages to other human or canine viewers.
- Remember that dog-friendly movie theaters don’t have a place where dogs can relieve themselves. Their owners must take them outside if they need to relieve themselves, or take care of cleaning up any ‘accidents’ that may happen in inappropriate places.
The first pet-friendly movie screening in Spain
Special pet-friendly screenings have already begun in Spain. Cinesa Madrid and Affinity now offer owners the opportunity to enjoy a day at the movies with their dogs. In addition, sponsors are giving away free doggy snacks to promote the idea.
Although movie theaters for dogs have already arrived in Spain, for example, so far it’s usually been just for one-off movie days. The hope is that the experience will catch on and encourage the creation of more special pet-friendly movie theaters all over the world.
The indisputable fact is that pet-friendly spaces are a worldwide trend. This means it’s time to be optimistic and think about the possibility of enjoying unforgettable movie days with your dog very soon.It might interest you...