5 Things You Can Do to Make Your Dog Happy
Little Things You Can Do to Make Your Dog Happy
We’re going to discuss a few things you can do that are sure to not only make your dog happy, but any other dogs you meet too. One of the great parts is that you don’t have to spend any money to do it. Animals care little to nothing about material things.
Just dedicate enough time and energy to your dog and you’ll see amazing, happy results. Not only will you make your dog happier, but we can assure that you’ll feel it too.
1. Show your dog how much you love him
Dogs simply love to be pampered. So don’t miss any chance to pet him and say loving words to him. Also, don’t forget to highlight your dog’s good behavior by rewarding him with a pat on the head and some sort of dog treat. Keep in mind that positive reinforcement is a good way to train and also make your dog happy.
2. Do not treat your dog like a person
Giving your dog the best life possible does not mean turning him into a human. Humanizing a pet can cause a myriad of health and behavioral issues. Acting like this is also a surefire way to make your pet unhappy. To that end, here are a few tips to avoid treating your dog like a human:
- Do not dress your dog “fashionably” or make him wear clothing or inappropriate accessories.
- Do not give your dog medication or use products on him that are designed for humans.
- Do not use your makeup on your dog.
- Do not submit your dog to unnecessary aesthetic treatments.
- Do not alter your dog’s diet with foods that are not good for dogs.
3. Respect your dog’s nature
If you want to make your dog happy, you have to let him be a dog. This includes accepting that some behaviors that may seem strange or annoying to you are normal for him as long as they don’t go overboard or become compulsive.
- Allow your dog to explore the world around him with his wonderful sense of smell, even if it means that your pet is sniffing feces or garbage.
- Let your dog socialize and play with other dogs, as well as other species of animals.
- Walk your dog in different areas.
- Do not scold your dog if he occasionally throws himself in the mud or something else that seems unclean to you. And don’t yell at him if he sniffs another dog’s rear.
- Allow your dog to dig in the grass if you are lucky enough to have a backyard.
- Learn to interpret your dog’s body language.
4. Set clear rules
Loving your dog does not mean allowing him to do whatever he wants. This is true for both people and animals. So, set clear-cut rules for your dog and don’t go back on them.
Get the rest of the family to agree not to confuse the dog by allowing certain behaviors. This way, this way the human and non-human inhabitants of the house will all be happy.
5. Play with your dog as much as you can
Whether inside or outside the house, set aside some time in your schedule to play with your furry friend. It is proven that one of the games that dogs love the most is fetch. Over and over again.
Take advantage of playtime to also stimulate your dog’s brain with new games. Finally, whenever you can, surprise your dog with new toys that you can make yourself out of things you have lying around the house.
Learn how to make your dog happy and be happy yourself
As you may have noticed by now, dogs know that happiness lies in the small, everyday things that life has to offer. So take a hint from your four-legged friend and spend quality time with him every day.
You are sure to forget about your daily concerns and troubles for at least a little while. You will have a chance to let go of your stress too. Most of all, you will feel happy while simultaneously making your dog happy, as well.