Doga Benefits for Dogs
Have you ever heard about doga? If not, then read on and find out something new! We’ll be showing you all the doga benefits for dogs in today’s article. If you try it out with your dog, you’ll both benefit greatly. Are you ready? Well, let’s doga!
What is doga?
Are you a yoga enthusiast? Well, you’ll be happy to know that you can now practice it with your dog! Although many believe that it’s only we humans who suffer from stress, our pets can also get stressed out and need some kind of de-stressing therapy to let it all out.
Doga is based on yoga, and it’s not all about a dog doing yoga on its own. It’s actually designed to be a team exercise for master/mistress and dog to practice together. This idea arose in Florida in 2011 thanks to Suzi Teitelman’s vision.
Today, doga is widely practiced all over the world. More and more people are practicing it and, in addition, they’re noticing its benefits.
Suzi realized that when she did yoga in front of her dog, he also became very relaxed. So, one day, she decided to take him with along to her classes and allowed him to take part.
A typical doga class
Doga is an excellent form of relaxation for your dog and the classes usually go like this:
Massages and stretching
Firstly, you’ll help your dog warm up their body prior to the exercise. After that, you’ll help them attain the correct posture. You might notice that some pets imitate the movements of their owner really well. Don’t feel bad if yours hasn’t learned to do this yet, because these other pets will have all been trained.
Secondly, breathing is vital in this discipline of relaxation. Your dog must also learn how to do it.
Thirdly, stretching is essential after each class, so that the muscles return to normal, avoiding the annoying stiffness or spasms.
This is the main point of the class, because in it both the owner and the pet can relax together before going back home.
Benefits of doga in dogs
Just as yoga has many benefits for people, it’s now proven to also benefit dogs. Here are some of them:
- Balance. Doga is particularly beneficial for dogs that are highly nervous or easily stressed out. It allows them to find a harmonious relationship between their body and mind, which will allow them to be well-balanced animals.
- Bonding. They say that touching promotes love. By sharing experiences and games you’ll strengthen your relationship with your dog and will be even closer to him.
- Reduction of destructive incidents. One of the main reasons why dogs exhibit destructive behavior is boredom or stress. Doga allows them to externalize compulsive feelings and the animal will be more relaxed.
- Better socialization. Being calmer will make it easier for them to relate to other dogs, especially if they’ve had problems before.
- Improves the joints. As with any sport, doga also benefits your pet’s body, because stretching allows muscles and joints to move properly.
- Improve their flexibility. This is just one more of the many benefits that the practicing doga will bring to your pet.
As you can see, there are many doga benefits for dogs, because, above all, it’s a discipline of relaxation, which we once considered impossible. Doga has become fashionable among dogs too, and they also reap its benefits.
If you haven’t thought about it yet, consider the idea of sharing this experience with your pet. You won’t regret it!It might interest you...