Do You Want to Bring Your Dog to Your Wedding?
Dogs used to be used for hunting, then as guards and now they’re mostly just pets. If our ancestors could see us now, they wouldn’t even believe that we take our dogs to the grocery store, restaurants, and hotels . But what about if you want to take your dog to your wedding? Read on and find out!
Yes, this is the latest news surrounding our pets – they can be special guests at our wedding. It may surprise you to hear this, and you might want to learn more about the subject. If this topic seems interesting and fun, then this article is for you.
How to bring your dog to your wedding
There are many different ways you can have your dog participate in your wedding. For example:
- Walking down the aisle with you. Why not? Can you think of a better companion? This will be even more special for brides who are unfortunate enough not to have anyone to accompany them. And, above all, it’s a very original thing to do that will really delight your guests.
- In pictures. You can include your dog in some of your wedding pictures. Even if you wouldn’t have thought so, this can provoke interesting and fun situations that could turn into memorable pictures.
- Let him ride in the limo. As a VIP guest, and another member of your newly formed family, you can let your dog ride in the limo with you. This will be a special moment for both of you as you enjoy one of the most important times in your life.
- Give him a task. Make him feel useful and give him a job. For example, he could hold a sign or, if he’s well-trained, you could even have him bring the rings to the altar.
- Include him in the cake decorations. This is definitely a very original idea that we’re sure none of your guests will have seen before. Alongside the figurine of you and your partner, you can also have one of your dog. And, you can save it as a precious memory as the years go by.
Your dog at your wedding, what should you keep in mind?
We know that this seems like a wonderful idea, but you should also keep a few things in mind. Remember, no matter how much you love your dog, he’s still an animal. So, keep the following things in mind:
- The place. Unfortunately, not all restaurants admit dogs, so you should make sure the place you’re having your wedding at is either outside, has a place for animals, or allows animals inside.
- Talk to the minister. This is especially important if you’re getting married in a church and you want your dog to walk down the aisle with you. Let the minister know what you have in mind and hopefully he’ll say that it’s not a problem.
- The guests. We know that your wedding is your day and the most important day of your life. You’re the star and you can do whatever you want, but you should still take your guests into account. Make sure that no one is allergic to dogs, or has a phobia of them, so you can avoid any uncomfortable situations or problems.
Other aspects to keep in mind
- Caretaker. You shouldn’t spend the most important day of your life worrying about where your pet is and what he’s doing. So, it’s best to put someone else in charge of him. Talk to a friend or relative who’ll be willing to take care of him in advance so you can enjoy your special day.
- The dog’s character. If you want to bring your dog to your wedding, you have to think about whether he’s a calm dog or a nervous dog. Even if you can justify his behavior most of the time, you have to be honest with yourself when it comes to your wedding day. You don’t want him to cause any problems.
- Talk to your wedding planner. Make sure she’s aware that your pet will be at the wedding so she can adapt her plans to that. Also, she’ll be able to give you more great ideas for bringing your dog to your wedding.
- Decide if you want to dress him up. To top off the day, it’d be so fun to see your dog dressed in a tuxedo. But make sure he’ll be okay with it. If so, you can buy him one, or make him one since that won’t take long either.